Re: Annoying Reply-To - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Coventry
Subject Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date
List pgsql-general
I am a member of a number of lists, some of which exhibit this
'reply-to' behaviour and I have also managed to adapt... to a point.

Sometimes, however, I do end up replying directly to the poster rather
than through the list. Tellingly, I very nearly sent this post
directly to Serge Fonvilee.

Without wanting to be too controversial, I have generally found that
the lists which have the default reply configured like this do tend to
be those that are dominated by members who are, shall we say, pedantic
about protocol and 'netiquette'.

Personally I would prefer the default reply-to to go to the list, but
I'm not really bothered about it.

My 2 cents.

Disclaimer: If we are not talking about the default 'reply-to'
behaviour of this list, please ignore this post; I came upon the
thread late and it is possible that I am at cross purposes.

Kind reagards,

Dave Coventry