Re: SQL statement PREPARE does not work in ECPG - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: SQL statement PREPARE does not work in ECPG
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Matsumura-san,

> Therefore, I think that the quoting statement name is needed in
> PREPARE/EXECUTE case, too.

I agree that we have to accept a quoted statement name and your
observations are correct of course, I am merely wondering if we need
the escaped quotes in the call to the ecpg functions or the libpq
functions.

> > I would prefer to merge as much as possible, as I am afraid that if
> > we
> > do not merge the approaches, we will run into issues later. There
> > was a
> > reason why we added PQprepare, but I do not remember it from the
> > top of
> > my head. Need to check when I'm online again.
>
> I will also consider it.

Thank you.

Michael
--