Re: Using compression on TCP transfer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrus
Subject Re: Using compression on TCP transfer
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

>Updated doc reference:
>They mention that compression is insecure and disabled by default. Taking this into account, compression will require that both ODBC and PostgreSQL are set >up with compression enabled. I could not figure out quickly whether this requires also recompiling the code...

I added

Pqopt={sslcompression=1};

to psqlodbc connection string but log file shows that it still not compressed.

I’m using Debian 10 and Postgres 12 installed from postgres repository.
How to check is will it support compression or not.

Andrus.