Re: Introducing the TPC-V benchmark, and its relationship to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Reza Taheri
Subject Re: Introducing the TPC-V benchmark, and its relationship to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi Greg,
Yes, a single-instance benchmark is a natural fall-out from the TPC-V kit. Our coding team (4 people working directly
onthe benchmark with another 3-4 folks helping in various consulting capacities) is tasked with creating a multi-VM
benchmark.The benchmark is still missing the critical Market Exchange Emulator function. Once that's done, it would be
naturalfor someone else in the TPC to take our working prototype and simplify it for a single-system, TPC-E (not V)
referencekit. The conversion is not technically difficult, but releasing kits is a new path for the TPC, and will take
somework.

Cheers,
Reza