Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 07/06/2012 09:00 AM, Reza Taheri wrote:
> Well, I keep failing to send an email with an attachment. Do I need a moderator's approval?

Probably. If so, it's really annoying that mailman isn't telling you
this via a "held for moderation" auto-reply. It should be.

> We stuck with PGSQL 8.4 since it is the stock version shipped with RHEL 6. I am building a new, larger testbed, and
willswitch to PGSQL 9 with that.

Just so you know, as per PostgreSQL versioning policy major releases are
x.y, eg "8.4", "9.0" and "9.1" are distinct major releases.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/

I've always found that pretty odd and wish major releases would just
increment the first version part, but the policy states how it's being
done. It's important to realize this when you're talking about Pg
releases, because 8.4, 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2 are distinct releases with
different feature sets, so "postgresql 9" doesn't mean much.

--
Craig Ringer