Re: Need solution for weekly database "snapshot" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Re: Need solution for weekly database "snapshot"
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 22, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Moshe Jacobson wrote:
> Not bad, but the transaction logs would fill up the file system.

I'm not sure I understand that comment.  Why would the transaction logs be particularly voluminous in this case?

> Besides, it would not be worth it to set up a whole database cluster just for this purpose.

It does seem to meet all of your needs in a very efficient way; setting up a PG cluster is not that complex.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com