Re: \copy: unexpected response (4) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Neil Best
Subject Re: \copy: unexpected response (4)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> BTW, the "SSL renegotiation failure" bit
> suggests that it could have been an OpenSSL bug not a real network
> lossage, so you might want to see how up-to-date your openssl libraries
> are.

Thanks for your comments, Tom.  The operation seems more reliable if I
move the data to the server and do it across a local connection, which
I presume does not involve SSL, so that may be the weak link as you
surmise.  Would you expect the SSL library problem more likely to be
on the server or the client, or is it just hard to say?  Does either
of them have a facility that exposes the SSL version information or do
I have to go to the OS for that?  Incidentally, I have not experienced
any sort of instability in my interactive sessions over an SSL
connection, so is it related to the \copy operation itself, the higher
volume of data across the connection, or the fact that I am asking it
to do multiple \copies in rapid succession, would you say?  I expect
it's hard to say definitively, but maybe you or someone else can say
something about likelihoods.  I appreciate the information.