Re: postgre vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gurjeet Singh
Subject Re: postgre vs MySQL
Date
Re: postgre vs MySQL  (Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM, rrahul <rahul.rathi@cognizant.com> wrote:

Thanks to all you wonderful people out their. I don't know if its your love
for Postgres or nepothism that makes it look far superior than mysql.

I wouldn't comment on that, but having read so much about MySQL in Postgres' lists, I sure have a disliking for MySQL, so much so that I haven't bothered even downloading and installing it even once!!!

Does anyone know of threads in MySQL lists/forums where they run a propaganda against Postgres or if they downplay us? That would be an interesting read!

But why does the client list dosen't tell that?
I see Mysql bosting for Google,Yahoo, Alcatel......
What about Postgres the list is not that impressive.

I would suggest trying to find the customer list of Postgres derivatives, such as EnterpriseDB and Greenplum. There are some pretty big names there too. This, in some ways, recognizes customers' faith in Postgres.

Best regards,

--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

17° 29' 34.37"N, 78° 30' 59.76"E - Hyderabad *
18° 32' 57.25"N, 73° 56' 25.42"E - Pune
37° 47' 19.72"N, 122° 24' 1.69" W - San Francisco

http://gurjeet.frihost.net

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device