Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancellingbackend
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Optional message to user when terminating/cancelling backend  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 1 Oct 2018, at 01:19, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 10:51:44PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> You could have chosen something less complicated, like "ホゲ", which is
>> the equivalent of "foo" in English.  Anyway, non-ASCII characters should
>> not be included in the final patch.

Fixed in the attached v16 revision.

> Looking at the refactoring patch 0001, wouldn't signalfuncs.c make a
> better name for the new file?  There are already multiple examples of
> this type, like logicalfuncs.c, slotfuncs.c, etc.

I have no strong feelings on this, I was merely using the name that Alvaro
suggested when he brought up the refactoring as an extension of this patch.
signalfuncs.c is fine by me, so I did this rename in the attached revision.

> I have moved this patch set to the next commit fest for now.

Thanks.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment