Re: add column sillyness - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: add column sillyness
Date
List pgsql-general

YIKES!. You don't have to read even at all carefully to see how dangerous
MySQL can be for any kind of important data! I only had general,
non-specific sense of how much better Postgresql was in comparison to
MySQL, but that referenced page not only puts nails in the MySQL coffin,
it completely reverses the sentiments originally expressed!

>> I would therefore urgently recommend that
>> 1) development of postgresql shall be immediately ceased
>> 2) any resources gained thereby (developers, mirrors)  shall be
>> donated
>>   to MySQL
>> 3) code produced by the former postgresql developers shall be subject
>>   a mandatory peer review before it is included in MySQL

~Berend Tober