Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Guyren Howe
Subject Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment
Date
List pgsql-general
On Jun 2, 2020, at 14:16 , Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

Greetings,

I'm sure there's things we can do to improve the performance of the FDW.
Not sure we'll get to a point where we are actually cacheing information
from the far side... but who knows, maybe if we arrange to have a
notification sent whenever certain objects are updated...

These things could be worked on independnetly, of course, no need to
have one done before the other.

ul[class*='mb-extra__public-links'], ul[class*='mb-note__public-links'], ul[class*='mb-task__public-links'] { display: none !important; }
By all means, let’s improve the FDW. But is it practical to make it possible to query across databases on the same server,  in a similar manner to SQL Server, without needing FDW at all?