Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: PostgreSQL MVCC and alternative REDO implementation - my thoughts
Date
List pgsql-general
El 18/11/18 a las 04:49, Gerhard Wiesinger escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I just read that blog article and I think switching to REDO logic is not
> a good idea.

I think you got it the other way around. Postgres implementes REDO, that
is, move forward by REDOing the changes which are stored in WAL files

BTW, could you point us to the blog you read this?

Maybe you got REDO and UNDO mixed up.

Saludos,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/