Re: Server process crash - Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Server process crash - Segmentation fault
Date
Re: Server process crash - Segmentation fault  (Leif Jensen <leif@crysberg.dk>)
List pgsql-general
> On 05/08/2014 07:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 9.3 patch is here:
>> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=fc58c39d468587467c7c55b349c28167794eadaf

> Alright, so I obviously linked to the wrong patch because I pointed at
> HEAD and not REL9_3_STABLE.

I think those patches are the same, actually, but I was trying to be
careful.

> What I am trying to figure out is what is
> the distinction between commit and commitdiff?

The "commitdiff" link shows you the actual diffs in the patch, the other
one doesn't.

In practice, Leif's going to want to hit the "patch" link anyway to get a
clean downloadable patch; so likely what we should have pointed him at is
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=fc58c39d468587467c7c55b349c28167794eadaf
I'm just in the habit of looking at the "commitdiff" versions of the web
pages as being the best readability/information tradeoff for casual
examination of a patch.

            regards, tom lane