Re: View is not using a table index

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: View is not using a table index
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

View is not using a table index  (Dan Shea, )
 Re: View is not using a table index  (Richard Huxton, )
  Re: View is not using a table index  (Dan Shea, )
   Re: View is not using a table index  (Andreas Kostyrka, )
   Re: View is not using a table index  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: View is not using a table index  (Carlos Moreno, )

Dan Shea <> writes:
> You make it sound so easy.  Our database size is at 308 GB.

Well, if you can't update major versions that's understandable; that's
why we're still maintaining the old branches.  But there is no excuse
for not running a reasonably recent sub-release within your branch.
Read the release notes, and consider what you will say if one of the
several data-loss-causing bugs that were fixed long ago eats your DB:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release.html

            regards, tom lane