Re: general trouble installing languages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Cindy
Subject Re: general trouble installing languages
Date
List pgsql-general
Oliver Elphick writes:

 > Cindy wrote:
 >> ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: ld.so.1: /usr/l
 >ocal
 >> /pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libperl.so.1: open failed: No such file or di
 >rect
 >> ory
 >                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^
 >
 >It is missing libperl, that is the shared library version of Perl
 >itself.  This is not part of PostgreSQL, so rebuilding PostgreSQL will
 >do you no good at all.
 >
 >You need to build Perl from source or install a shared library package
 >of it.

Thanks. I guess I was looking for a message more like that indicated
in the install docs, but since I didn't do the initial installation,
for all I know that was overlooked.  I'll ask our admin about the
shared library package.  They probably have it in a nonstandard
directory <sigh>.

--
Cindy
ctmoore@uci.edu