Savepoint and Releasepoint in Logs - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From
Subject Savepoint and Releasepoint in Logs
Date
List pgsql-performance

Hi ,

I am connecting to PostgreSQL 9.4 via an ODBC driver on Windows machine from MS VBA application. I am facing huge performance issues while inserting data continuously. On analysing the logs , there were around 90000 statements related to Save Points and Release Points.

duration: 2.000 ms

2016-06-17 12:45:02 BST LOG:  statement: RELEASE _EXEC_SVP_1018CCF8

2016-06-17 12:45:02 BST LOG:  duration: 1.000 ms

2016-06-17 12:45:05 BST LOG:  statement: SAVEPOINT _EXEC_SVP_186EB5C8

2016-06-17 12:45:05 BST LOG:  duration: 0.000 ms

I am guessing these statements are causing an overhead while inserting records in to the table. Could you please let me know if I need to change any configuration settings to avoid creating any save points as the transaction is handled in the application.

Thanks

Regards,

Eisha Shetty

ACCENTURE | UK-NEWCASTLE

( +44 7741587433

* e.ratnakar.shetty@accenture.com

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.Accenture means Accenture (UK) Limited (registered number 4757301), registered in England and Wales with registered address at 30 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3BD.