Re: 9.6 query slower than 9.5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.6 query slower than 9.5.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback@gmail.com> writes:
> I finally managed to get it compiled, patched, and working.  It gave the
> same plan with the same estimates as when I turned fkey_estimates off.

OK, well, at least it's not making things worse ;-).  But I think that
this estimation method isn't very helpful for antijoin cases anyway.

> I was wondering if I did things properly though, as i don't see the
> enable_fkey_estimates GUC any more. Was it removed?

Yes, that was only intended for debugging, and the consensus was that
it probably shouldn't have been committed in the first place.

Thanks for taking the trouble to check this!

            regards, tom lane