Re: Add id's to various elements in protocol.sgml - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: Add id's to various elements in protocol.sgml
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/24/22 19:52, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> FWIW in that perspecive, there's no requirement from me that it should
> be human-readable.  I'm fine with automatically-generated ids.

One thing I would be −many on, though, would be automatically-generated ids
that are not, somehow, stable. I've been burned too many times making links
to auto-generated anchors in other projects' docs that change every time
they republish the wretched things.

Regards,
-Chap