Re: Git is not an acronym - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Git is not an acronym
Date
Re: Git is not an acronym  (Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>)
List pgsql-docs
On 6/10/21 7:40 AM, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Commit 651377933e031 cleaned up references to CVS replacing them with Git.
> Replacing CVS with Git in acronyms.sgml seems a bit incorrect though as Git
> isn't an acronym (but CVS is, hence the original item replaced).  We also never
> refer to Git with <acronym /> tags.  The attached removes Git from the acronyms
> page.

According to the README[1] and reference in the Wikipedia page that our
docs point too, "git" can be an acronym based on context. I don't think
it's harmful to leave it in.

Jonathan

[1] https://github.com/git/git/blob/master/README.md

Attachment