Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: [CORE] 7.4RC2 regression failur and not running stats collector process
Date
List pgsql-hackers
josh@agliodbs.com (Josh Berkus) writes:
>> Too bad we didn't figure this out yesterday.  We are now in code freeze
>> for 7.4 release, and I'm hesitant to apply a fix for what is arguably a
>> broken platform.  Core guys, time for a vote ... do we fix, or hold this
>> for 7.4.1?
>
> One thing I've not seen an answer to:  does Postgres run acceptably on other
> people's Solaris boxes?   If this bug is preventing running on Solaris at
> all, I'd say fix it ... Solaris is a major platform.   If it only affects
> users of one particular Solaris patch version, then we do a big warning and
> save it for 7.4.1.

For what it's worth, I have been running regression on Solaris with
numerous of the betas, and RC1 and [just now] RC2, with NO problems.

If the patch is deemed vital for others, it's possible that all I'm
reporting is one of the statistics that will be outnumbered by others.
(And in that case, I would be quick to test the patch to ensure it
causes no adverse side-effects.)

But it's not apparent that it is _vital_ here right now.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="libertyrms.info" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
<http://dev6.int.libertyrms.com/>