Re: Deployment Case Study Presentations - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Deployment Case Study Presentations
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
johncwang@gmail.com ("John Wang") writes:
> Thanks Lukas and Jim. The OmniTI presentation is great and along the
> lines that I'm looking for, presentations that are geared towards a
> technical audience working on deploying and adminstering the
> database.

Speaking of presentations, does anyone have one on pl/Perl?  Or
something that has a chunk of material on pl/Perl?  I presented for
the local LUG last night <http://gtalug.org/wiki/Meetings:2006-10> on
"What's new with 8.2?", and was asked if I could present something to
the local PerlMongers <http://to.pm.org/>.

If there's some material to borrow concerning:
a) Pl/perl - the new generation
b) The state of DBI
c) Evil libraries that will cause your apps to suck [dbrow comes to mind;
   it has a habit of leaving transactions open, <IDLE> in transaction...]
that could be purty handy.

I should see about uploading my presentation somewhere on the Techdocs
site so that people might be able to mine it, too...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'acm.org';
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/multiplexor.html