Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully
Date
Re: Fabian Pascal and RDBMS deficiencies in fully
List pgsql-general
smarlowe@g2switchworks.com (Scott Marlowe) writes:
> To me, the real argument is, "Is SQL so lacking that it should be
> replaced".  In what REAL measurable ways is SQL lacking so badly we
> should toss it and start over?  It's not perfect, that's for sure.
> But what's the investment on starting over, and the possible
> traction of a non-SQL database in a largely SQL driven market?

The only visible alternative, at this point, is Tutorial D, and it
doesn't particularly excite me...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/languages.html