restoring with pg_restore - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Didier Gasser-Morlay
Subject restoring with pg_restore
Date
List pgsql-novice
Probably a silly question but if I restore with pg_restore to an
existing database I get several messages 'primary key violation' ...
clearly if I restore to a database I create for the occasion, this
does not happen.

Is it a good practice in order to have a reasonable level of security
to on a server drop and recreate a database every day ? would there be
any side effects things that could get corrupted in the long term. We
want to restore because we are using a separate server for the heavy
reporting we have so we are planning to backup and restore at least
every night.

Thanks for your thoughts

Didier