Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Please can we agree a way forwards?

I don't have a strong position on the technical issues, but I am very
much in favor of getting something committed, even something with
limitations, as soon as we practically can.  Getting this feature into
the tree will get a lot more eyeballs on it, and it's much better to
do that now, while we still have several months remaining before beta,
so those eyeballs can be looking at it for longer - and testing it as
part of the regular alpha release process.  It will also eliminate the
need to repeatedly merge with the main tree, etc.

...Robert