Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> * Issues relating to handling of prepared transactions
> There are some delicate issues surrounding what happens at the end of
> recovery if there is a prepared transaction still holding an access
> exclusive lock.

Can you describe in more detail what problem this is again? We had
various problems with prepared transactions, but I believe what's in the
git repository now handles all those cases (although I just noticed and
fixed a bug in it, so it's not very well tested or reviewed yet).