Re: next CommitFest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: next CommitFest
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> The docs case is a good example.  We do ask people to write docs, but I
> don't think we will reject patches if people don't supply docs.  I am
> not against any of the ideas suggested in this thread --- I am just
> pointing out we are heading in a very new direction with the
> _requirements_ mentioned.

We reject patches for lack of docs all the time.  We certainly don't
have a policy that the reviewer or committer will write the docs for
you if you fail to write them yourself.  Sometimes the reviewer or
committer will help copy edit, or will revise, but in most cases they
won't write them from scratch.

Of course, we don't reject such patches PERMANENTLY - people just add
the docs and resubmit.

...Robert