Re: Archive Message-Id links broken? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Archive Message-Id links broken?
Date
List pgsql-www
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Alvaro
Herrera<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I don't use the archives that much to know the normal behavior, but I
>> just noticed that the Message-Id links point to the non-Message-Id URL
>> (like msg02010.php).  That can't be the point, can it?
>
> No, it isn't -- the problem is that Mhonarc changed behavior midflight
> because I disabled email mangling for strings that looked like
> message-ids.  I hadn't given much time to the archives lately, but it
> should be relatively easy to fix.

I'm mildly surprised to learn that this is unintentional...  I use it
semi-regularly as a way of getting a shorter and more legible URL for
a message in the archives.

Not a big deal, though.

...Robert