Re: Immediate shutdown and system(3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Immediate shutdown and system(3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:40 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> This should be mentioned in release notes, as any script that might be
>> using SIGQUIT at the moment needs to be changed to use SIGUSR1 or SIGINT
>> instead. Where should I make a note of that so that we don't forget?
>
> The CVS commit message.

Is there some reason we don't just put it in the release notes as
*part* of the commit?  Someone can always go back and edit it later.
It seems like that would be easier and less error-prone than grepping
the CVS commit logs for "release notes"...

...Robert