Re: posix_fadvise v22 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: posix_fadvise v22
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:49 PM, Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Sorry for top-posting -- phone mail client sucks.
>
> I thought the autoconf ac_run_check was the test that people were
> questioning. That calls posix_fadvise to see if it crashes at configure
> time.

Yes, that's what I removed.

> The guc run-time check is checking for known-buggy versions of glibc using
> sysconf to check what version of glibc you have.

Right - that check is still in my updated patch.

I think the confusion may stem from the fact that Tom and I used the
word "runtime" to refer to the ac_run_check thing, because it is
checking something about the runtime environment (namely, whether
posix_fadvise works or not) at configure-time.

In any event, it seems as though we are all on the same page.

...Robert