Re: PG84 and SELinux - Mailing list pgsql-general

From James B. Byrne
Subject Re: PG84 and SELinux
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, December 1, 2010 16:54, Tom Lane wrote:
> "James B. Byrne" <byrnejb@harte-lyne.ca> writes:
>> Earlier today I attempted to upgrade a production server from 8.1
>> 8.4 using the pgdg-84-centos.repo.  I say attempted because I
>> could
>> never get it to support ssl connections and as that is a
>> requirement
>> I had to roll back to 8.1.
>
> Can't comment on that without a lot more detail.

Well, the only thing that I had to do was uncomment #ssl = off and
set it to ssl = on.  Then on service restart I obtained an error
that looked similar to this:

.  .  . configuration file routines:STR_COPY:variable
has no value:conf_def.c:629:line 207

I cannot remember the exact error unfortunately and as I rolled back
the update I have no way to reproduce it at will.

James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3