Re: Connection idle broken - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas McNaught
Subject Re: Connection idle broken
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/27/07, Fernando Xavier <fernandoxavier@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have trouble with my  java application. Since i change the network configuration, the postgresql idle connections broken after 10 minutes. (i set authentication_timeout = 600 in postgresql.conf).

My network:

192.168.1.1 (postgresql server and gateway server)
192.168.0.1 (linksys wireless router)
192.168.0.x (clients)

How i make my idle connections alive for long time?

Is the Linksys doing NAT?  Can you configure it with a longer timeout on inactive connections?

-Doug

Any idea?

Regards,

Fernando