Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users
Date
Re: Vertica targeting PostgreSQL users
List pgsql-advocacy
On 11/20/2017 04:04 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> So basically you critize the companies that actually do postgres
> development. Most of the other companies making money with postgres
> contribute pretty much no development time back.

You know what I find funny about this whole thread?

1. I defended 2Q
2. I defended EDB
3. I stated they are conducting good business
4. I stated that they are the largest contributors
5. I stated we should be thankful and gracious to those companies

People all upset that I didn't 100% agree with how they do things.

We apparently have exactly nothing better to do with our lives but pick
apart an email and look for any crumb of discontent so we can jump on it
like lemmings falling over a cliff.

JD

Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://pgconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****