postgres 7.2.1 on redhat 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve King
Subject postgres 7.2.1 on redhat 7.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have postgres 7.0 working on a red hat 7.1 installation, but now need to
upgrade to postgres 7.2.1 to have the benefit of non-locking vacuuming.

Is it possible to install postgresql 7.2.1 on to a red hat 7.1 installation?
I've been trying but it complains that it can't find dependencies
libssl.so.2, libcrypto.so.so.2 and libreadline.so.4.
I've copied them off a redhat 7.2 machine but it still can't find them!
(Also, I can't just go to Red Hat 7.2 as that version of X doesn't support
my graphics hardware)

On a further note, I've noticed that when inserting multiple records into a
database using the copy command via libpq++, any notifies on the tables are
not processed. Is this true and if so is it fixed in a later version.

Cheers
Steve