Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partitionwise join enabled. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: Expression errors with "FOR UPDATE" and postgres_fdw with partitionwise join enabled.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2018/07/04 1:35), Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2018-06-22 10:58:28 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:46 AM, Etsuro Fujita
>> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>  wrote:
>>> Here is a patch for that.

>> I think this approach is going to run into trouble if the level at
>> which we have to apply the ConvertRowTypeExpr happens not to be a
>> projection-capable node.
>
> What's the plan forward here?

I still think that this approach would be the right way to go, so I plan
to polish the patch.

> This has been an open item for quite a
> while. Robert, are you in agreement with this approach on a high level?
> Who is going to drive this forward?

I'm willing to do that if it's OK, but I'd like to get more feedback
from Robert, Ashutosh or anyone else.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita