Re: Updated macOS start scripts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Updated macOS start scripts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> writes:
> I have tested this on 10.11.6. I had no trouble following the instructions
> in the README and everything worked as described.
> As far as I can tell, this patch has not yet been submitted to any commitfest.
> I would mark it Read for Committer.

Thanks for reviewing!  Since you already did review it, I think we can
probably skip the CF paperwork and just push it.

One thing that needs to be figured out is what to do with the old osx
scripts.  My inclination is to remove that subdirectory in HEAD.
However, I'd like to also stick these new scripts into the supported
back branches, since the problem is just as real for any back branch
as it is for v11.  What I propose for the back branches is to add
contrib/start-scripts/macos/ alongside .../osx/, keeping the latter,
but adjust its README to note that those scripts are only for pre-10.10
versions of macOS.