Re: VB ADODB .Open failing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma Jr
Subject Re: VB ADODB .Open failing
Date
List pgsql-general
--- On Tue, 11/20/07, Finn Lassen <dcio@AxiomInt.com> wrote:
> Here is a VB code snippet:
>     Dim dbOut As ADODB.Connection
>     Dim rsOut As ADODB.Recordset
>     Set dbOut = New ADODB.Connection
>     Set rsOut = New ADODB.Recordset
>         .ConnectionString = "Driver={PostgreSQL
> ANSI};Server=localhost;Port=5432;Database=postgres;Uid=postgres;Pwd=none;"

> Should I have created the table "Contact1" WITH
> OIDS ?

I wonder if this is a problem with the way your ODBC driver is configured.   If it is a problem with your ODBC driver
configuration,you might also try posting to the PostgreSQL-ODBC mailing list.

Also, why did you choose the ANSI driver over the Unicode driver?

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.