Normalization tools for postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Dane Springmeyer
Subject Normalization tools for postgres?
Date
List pgsql-php
Anyone have recommendations on tools/utilities or SQL approaches to
quickly break apart a large imported flat file into normal forms,
ideally 1NF or 2NF?

I noticed this tool for mySQL which captures what I am looking for:
http://www.sqldbu.com/eng/sections/tips/normalize.html

Given the fields with data to be output into separate tables, it
takes a csv and automatically generates a set of INSERT queries to
build all the related tables with new a new primary key for the main
table and serialized codes for each of the new tables to maintain
relationships.

Perhaps a customized php script could accomplish the same thing for
postgres?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Dane

  field names for which to break out into their own tables