Re: [ODBC] Driver issue ? Default value not recognized in access - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Fred Parkinson
Subject Re: [ODBC] Driver issue ? Default value not recognized in access
Date
List pgsql-odbc
As a long time Access - linked - to -Postgres user, it is my experience that Access never shows the default values of a Postgres table. Whether this is an ODBC issue or an Access issue I don't know, but I always display the Postgres table properties in psql if I need to know the default value of a column.

Fred Parkinson
Application Programmer
Association of Bay Area Governments
415-820-7931

>>> <patrick.le-calvez@engie.com> 1/17/2017 7:39 AM >>>
Hello,

Thanks for your answer,
Here are the elements you asked :

1)      How is the table in Access linked to the Postgres database?
I create tables linked through a ODBC connection.

Here are the parameters of the connection.

2)      Where do you except the default value to show up?

I expect the default value to appear in 2 places.
First, I would like to see it there :

Second (and most of all), when I run my vba subs, I need to use the default values of some fields. At this state, vba does see any.

3)      Is the default value created in the database when you INSERT a value without specifying it?

Yes it is.
More specifically, most of my records are inserted via a vba sub. That’s where I need those default values the most.

Have a good day,

Patrick