Re: [HACKERS] logical replication busy-waiting on a lock - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [HACKERS] logical replication busy-waiting on a lock
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On May 27, 2017 9:48:22 AM EDT, Petr Jelinek <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>Actually, I guess it's the pid 47457 (COPY process) who is actually
>running the xid 73322726. In that case that's the same thing Masahiko
>Sawada reported [1]. Which basically is result of snapshot builder
>waiting for transaction to finish, that's normal if there is a long
>transaction running when the snapshot is being created (and the COPY is
>a long transaction).

Hm.  I suspect the issue is that the exported snapshot needs an xid for some crosscheck, and that's what we're waiting
for. Could you check what happens if you don't assign one and just content the error checks out?   Not at my computer,
justtheorizing.

Andres