Re: BUG #17717: Regression in vacuumdb (15 is slower than 10/11 and possible memory issue) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17717: Regression in vacuumdb (15 is slower than 10/11 and possible memory issue)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
> +1 for only introducing one option.  IMHO UPDATE_DATABASE_STATS fits a
> little better since it states the action like most of the other options,
> but I think both choices are sufficiently clear.

Consistency of VACUUM's options seems like a lost cause already :-(.
Between them, DISABLE_PAGE_SKIPPING, SKIP_LOCKED, and PROCESS_TOAST
cover just about the entire set of possibilities for describing a
boolean option --- we couldn't even manage to be consistent about
whether ON or OFF is the default, let alone where the verb is.
And it's hard to argue that FULL, VERBOSE, or PARALLEL is a verb.