Re: Upgrading from 9.2.15 to 9.4.20 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Upgrading from 9.2.15 to 9.4.20
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/18/19 3:50 AM, Michal wrote:
> Is anywhere where IP adress of the server must be set? Because im doing
> upgrade on test and this is copy of the VM of production (upgrading Jira
> PostgreSQL)...Checks when Postgres 9.2.15 running gives me ok when i stop
> both instances and try to upgrade i have error what i writed.

What OS.version are you using?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/runtime-config-connection.html

> Can you be please more specific what can i do?
>
> directory  /run/postgresql when Postgres 9.2.15 running contains this :
> pg_upgrade_internal.log  pg_upgrade_server.log  pg_upgrade_utility.log

Is this when it is running not in upgrade mode?

If so the I would try the command the pg_upgrade_server.log showed was
used to start the server in upgrade mode(making sure the server is not
running before you do the below):

/usr/bin/pg_ctl -w -l pg_upgrade_server.log -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -o
"-p 50432 -b  -c listen_addresses='' -c unix_socket_permissions=0700 -c
unix_socket_directory='/run/postgresql'" start

Then look in /run/postgresql.

If the server does not start I would look in the system logs to see if
there is a permissions problem preventing Postgres from writing to
/run/postgresql.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/client-authentication.html

> # TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

So:

> # "local" is for Unix domain socket connections only

Turn this:

> #local   all             all                                     peer

into:

local   all             all                                     trust

Then restart the server.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com