Re: Fix for MSVC header installation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fix for MSVC header installation
Date
List pgsql-patches
Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> And we really should make VC++ install in the same locations as mingw by
> default anyway.

I think you guys may be misinterpreting what's happening: this behavior
is not platform-sensitive, it is path-sensitive.  In particular, the
configure script will interpolate /postgresql into some of the
installation paths unless the given path already contains "postgres"
or "pgsql".  On some of my machines I build working versions into
/home/postgres, and there I get paths like
    /home/postgres/version82/share/timezone/...
and on others I build into /home/tgl and get paths like
    /home/tgl/version82/share/postgresql/timezone/...

So what I think is happening is that Magnus is getting fooled by which
username he builds under.  The thing to standardize on is the full
path you want the stuff to install in (and make sure it doesn't mention
postgres twice).

            regards, tom lane