Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: New PostgreSQL T-Shirt
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 07/06/2016 08:09 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Wow, what a rip off!  It isn't just based on Gabriele's work, its a copy
> as close as possible. A deliberate, detailed fraud, since I already know
> that Gabriele wanted to keep that design private. You're either
> violating Gabriele's or AC/DC's copyright, maybe both.
>
> Is that what our community has come to? You just rip off somebody else,
> claim you added some value and then make money for yourself while
> claiming its been done in the name of our community?

This response is way out of control.

Fabio has been the mainstay of our Brazillian community for many years
-- at least as long as you've been involved with Postgres.

It's one thing to request that something be taken down; it's another
thing entirely to launch a vicious attack on the motives and integrity
of another community member.

Your words were entirely unjustified and clearly aimed at harming Fabio.
 There are "blatantly negative actions" here, but I'm afraid they're yours.

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)