Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com> writes:
> +1 for the change of the error messages.

Yeah, this error message seems outright buggy.  However, it's a minor
matter.  Also, some people think "positive" is the same thing as
"non-negative", so maybe we need less ambiguous wording?

> One question is; should we back-patch the change of the error message about
> fetch_size to back branches? Since this is minor thing, is it enough to apply
> the change only to the master? Even if we should do the back-patch,
> we would need to wait until upcoming minor release is done before doing that.

+1 for back-patch, but not till after the releases are out.  Right now
is no time for inessential changes ...