Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Inaccurate error message when set fdw batch_size to 0
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2021/05/10 10:26, tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com wrote:
> From: houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com>
>> So, is it better to change the error message to “fetch_size requires a positive integer value” ?
>> I also found fetch_size has the similar issue, attaching a patch to fix this.
>
> I have a faint memory that I fixed them after receiving the same feedback from someone else, strange...  Anyway,
thanks.

+1 for the change of the error messages.

One question is; should we back-patch the change of the error message about
fetch_size to back branches? Since this is minor thing, is it enough to apply
the change only to the master? Even if we should do the back-patch,
we would need to wait until upcoming minor release is done before doing that.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center