Re: Fix for issue RM1336 [pgadmin4] - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Colin Beckingham
Subject Re: Fix for issue RM1336 [pgadmin4]
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On 20/06/16 09:33, Dave Page wrote:
> It's not that it's necessarily hard, it's that there are only 24 hours
> in the day to get things done. We've got a long list of improvements
> to make - some immediate (i.e. in time for betaX - 2 being today in
> fact), others for GA and others for future releases. Meanwhile, much
> as I'd like to, I cannot keep 10 people assigned to pgAdmin
> indefinitely. I do need to get them working on other projects, for
> which there are also deadlines.
Since pgadmin4 is at the top of the stack browser - window environment -
OS - kernel, all of which have their call on some specific set of
shortcuts, a couple of thoughts:
1. are there other applications similar to pgadmin which are in the same
position where they too are looking for shortcuts? In which case is
there a possibility of cross-fertilization of ideas?
2. in the world of software shortcuts, the needs of dependent
applications such as pgadmin might not have been foreseen, but is there
in the hierarchy a moral obligation to keep a certain subset of
combinations free? At the moment it seems like a free for all...