Re: 9.6 -> 10.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: 9.6 -> 10.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 05/18/2016 06:46 AM, Dave Page wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 18, 2016, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

>         This is a strong possibility, but is not yet decided.
>

>     A community vote:
>
>     -1
>

> For what reason?

 From my perspective we are fixing something that isn't broken. Every
few years somebody gets an ingrown toenail about our versioning (I have
done it in the past too) and we go round and round. It is just this time
the hackers justifiably tired of dealing with the argument so they are
going to change it.

If it were my decision: Folks, please move on to an argument that is
productive for the community, thanks!

Sincerely,

jD

                         +1-503-667-4564