Re: patch - BigSQL packages on Download - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: patch - BigSQL packages on Download
Date
List pgsql-www
On 05/03/2016 11:42 AM, Dave Page wrote:

>> On 3 May 2016, at 17:31, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On 05/03/2016 02:00 AM, Dave Page wrote:
>>>
>>> In general though, I do not feel it's appropriate to list these
>>> packages at all, given that they make silent outbound HTTP calls
>>> during installation, without the user being made aware of that or
>>> being given any option to object. That could easily be considered a
>>> privacy issue by people, one that may come back to bite us for hosting
>>> the downloads on our primary listing.
>>
>> I was under the impression that it is not in fact silent and that the page says what it is doing?
>
> Perhaps you should try it? It was obvious you hadn't the last time you made various assertions about the distribution
incomparison to EDBs.

My comment was directed at David, not at you. I was told it acted
differently than what you said it did. I was trying to make sure that
all conversations were happening in the open.

> Uninformed comments don't help anyone here.

Agreed, so please get your facts straight before you assume that I was
acting in bad faith.

Sincerely,

JD

--