Re: conference slides in wiki - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: conference slides in wiki
Date
List pgsql-www
On 28.04.2016 18:07, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> On 04/28/2016 06:47 AM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>>> Hi Alvaro,

>>> I take slight exception to this as I did research the upload solutions
>>> prior:  I looked at the list of conferences with uploads
>>> (https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Related_Slides_and_Presentations)
>>> and it appeared that each conference was still following suit with
>>> uploading the talks here, even after the "cool-off” period was added.
>>
>> I think what Alvaro is saying is that the influx of talks has created a
>> burden for those who approve editing accounts. I think that is a reasonable
>> observation.
>
> Yeah, and also for the speakers -- if they're not already set up, they
> have to create the account, wait for the one-week cool-off period, then
> request editor permissions.  I imagine it must be pretty annoying.

If all conference websites would use the PG Community Account for login,
the cool-down period will be over by the time the speakers are asked to
upload slides. Maybe look into how this account can be used as a SSO
provider.

> I concur with Oleg and Jon on that having a single slide repo is a huge
> asset and we shouldn't lose it.

+1

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group