Re: Newline after --progress report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Newline after --progress report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> While hacking on pg_rewind, this in pg_rewind's main() function caught
> my eye:

Good catch.

> Attached is a patch to fix this, as well as a similar issue in
> pg_checksums. pg_basebackup and pgbench also print progres reports like
> this, but they seem correct to me.

I wonder whether it'd be better to push the responsibility for this
into progress_report(), by adding an additional parameter "bool last"
or the like.  Then the callers would not need such an unseemly amount
of knowledge about what progress_report() is doing.